Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Conference

Are you ready for what Grampa calls "The Sermon"?

Here are a few things I gleaned from conference today:
* Be of one heart and one mind in your marriage and in your family
* The Lord will shape the back to place the burden (interesting)
* Prepare for change - we need to get on with our lives
* The next time you're tempted to growl - laugh instead
* Help those in need
* None of us make it through life without troubles and tragedies
* Be of good cheer "I the Lord am with you."
* The future is as bright as your faith
* You can't be a lifesaver if you look like all the other swimmers on the beach
* Do a virtual tour of your home. What do you see? How do you feel? There is a righteous unity between the temple and the home.
* Attend the temple often
* Choices have consequences attached
* God wants us to succeed
* Parents express your love to your children
* Children express your love to your parents
* Nourish your testimonies

We love watching conference from the comforts of our home. What a great blessing modern technology is - but I had to go for a quick walk afterwards to get the kinks out.

I hope you don't mind my long-winded sharing. I so desperately want all of my family to know the great blessings that are in store for each and every one. We love you all so very much.

Thanks, Troy, for your input.

Love to everyone always,
Gramma & Grampa

2 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

My favorite speaker today was Elder Holland. He spoke on the atonement and how it helps those who feel alone or abandoned. The best part was Louis listened to it and was touched. Mom, I thought the quote from Elder Snow was next time you are tempted to groan - laugh instead! You heard growl? Funny , huh? He also said that faith and doubt cannot exist in the mind at the same time and when we exercise our faith the doubt will be replaced by hope. My favorit one-liner was from the portugese seventy (didn't get his name) when he said "Decisions Decide Destiny"
So, there's the sermon from Auntie Charlene!!!

The Hudkins Family said...

You're right, Charlene, he did say groan. I couldn't read my writing. I think the Portugese Seventy was Elder Jose Teixeira (sp). He's the one who said that choices have consequences attached.

Gramma