Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Trip to D.C.

Hello family I'm not good at getting on here, but I was told I had to put pictures up from my trip to Maryland and our visit to Washington, DC while I was there. So here they are!! =]]
above: the Lincoln Memorial with part of the reflection pool.
below: is (you may have already guessed) Lincoln.


above: the Washington Monument with the reflection pool
it's a distance shot but that reflection pool is really really long!

below: I tried to get close and piece it together attempting to get the full effect
it semi-worked, but it's also very tall!


3 above: I don't remember what it's called, but basically there's an icon thing for each of the 50 states, there is a lot as you can see in the first of the three. It was hard to get a full view of that one.

below: My friend and I both weren't sure what this was, but it's a type of memorial.
If you open it big I'm in there! =]]

above: The birds were coming right up beside you. (mostly because people feed them!)

below: The Metro! Now that was an interesting experience!!
In the picture that was only the people waiting to get on, the Metro itself was packed. We almost witnessed a fight between people trying to get on. KJ and I waited for the next one. It comes about every 7-10 mins. We didn't mind the wait!! hah

2 above: The Capital Building. It has housed the meeting chambers of the House of Representatives and the Senate for two centuries. It's pretty cool. There were a ton of guards. It's so hot there they even had their own patio umbrellas at each station!

2 below: The most important/ recognizable is the White House!
From where we were standing we only get to see the side, and we really weren't that close as you can tell in the 2nd picture with me.

Last above the air plane ride, it really wasn't that exciting, but I thought this was actually a pretty cool picture of the clouds!

Anyways I really enjoyed my trip, there are many more pictures but these are the most interesting! Hope you enjoyed the pictures!!
-Love Kenzy


3 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

Lucky you! I would love to visit Washing DC. Your pictures are great. Thanks for sharing them. We're looking forward to seeing you all on the 25th weekend.

Love,
Gramma

The Hudkins Family said...

Excellent pics. Looks like you had a good learning experience and a good time.

Uncle Brent

Jon and Alyson said...

Kenz, I am jealous! Always wanted to see these cool monuments... maybe when Jon gets to go see a Capitals game, he'll let me tag along for some REAL sight seeing hehe (Capitals aren't much to see)
Love, Alyson

P.S That last comment should bring on more comments from our lesser out spoken gents on here hehe =)