Saturday, February 12, 2011

GOT A NEW CAMERA (sort of)



 Pretty Cool! Huh? Now if I could only find film, flashbulbs and figure out how to load it and use it, I would be ecstatic.  It is a Kodak Duaflex II produced approx. 1950-1955. It uses 620 rollfilm??? and makes a 6x6 picture. A 72mm lens with a focal range of 3.5 ft. to infinity and has 3 f-stop settings and a shutter speed of about 1/30 of a second.

I thought I asked Santa for a Canon EOS 7D, 18MP Digital camera??? It's only $2100.00 a pittance compared to some of them out there. Some are about $6,000.00 - $7,000.00. I guess Santa had different ideas of what I should get.






 So, here are some other Kodak camers we own. Mom and Dad, do you remember when you gave me the Instamatic 126 camera for my birthday? (I think it was you two).  Notice the flash cube? Also the first digital camera we got back in about 2002 (or maybe later).




Camera technology has come a long way. The first SLR I bought was the Pentax K1000 (all manual). Then the Pentax MZ7 (fully Auto). Both 35mm cameras I also had some zoom lenses and Macro lense adapters for them. On the left, behind the electronic flash, in the clear plastic case, is a no name brand underwater 35mm camera.

On the right in front is our latest addition, a Sony Cyber-shot 14.1mp with 4X optical zoom, 26mm wide-angle lens and also sports face recognition, blink recognition and an optical steady shot feature. It's size is about the same as a credit card and about 5 times as thick (put 5 credit cards behind each other).

Behind it is a Sony Digital Rebel XTi 10.1mp (almost out of date by todays standards) but still is a good camera. Sort of like computers, you get them home and they are out of date!! Wait a minute. they are little computers! (would be nice to have 18-21mp's though). TIME TO UPGRADE!! LOL

Now we have digital cameras in our phones, not great megapixels or zoom but OK in a pinch. I wonder where they will take them next???

This is your BRIEF camera history lesson for today. I hope you enjoyed it.



Uncle Brent

3 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

Very cool, son. We could teach you how to use some of those old ones because we had some of them. It Would be fun if we were able to get film. You had to hold your breath when you took the picture so you didn't shake the camera even a tiny bit, otherwise you got a fuzzy picture. Also, the people you were taking the picture of had to be completely still. Lots of history there. Thanks for the lesson.
Love,
]
Gramma & Grampa

The Hudkins Family said...

Do you still have the old movie camera? It would be neat to get hold of one! If you know or see an old camera (still or movie) snag it for me, please. If it costs anything, I'll re-imburse you.

Brent

The Hudkins Family said...

We had some neat OLD cameras but don't have any of them any more. No, we don't have the movie camera. I don't even know what we ever did with it. Probably went at the garage sale when we downsized in McM.