Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I thought an update was needed!

I was checking out/stalking all my friends blogs and FINALLY updated my own. I thought I should post something up here as I find that not many people are posting on here as often. I kind of miss seeing everyone's little peeps and finding out what is new in all the family's lives. SO POST!!! Anywho, here is a little update on what the Bird Fam is up to.

Jon is still plugging away at Humford and really likes it, he has made some ridiculously funny friends and I am very glad that he enjoys going to a job that he likes every day. Makes it much easier to work. I am a busy mama trying to keep up with my two ladies. I do find time to get out in the evenings here and there for appe's with friends or some organ practicing (yikes getting back at it!). Jon and I are still trying to do a date night a week, keeps the spark fresh you know...that or we crash and sleep at like 9 pm. Both are super romantic by the way! We also were crazy busy this summer camping, hanging in the Mac with my family, going to BC and enjoying playdates with friends and cousins.

Jacey turned 5 this summer. She also received her wheelchair this last month and is getting used to it for long distances. It is still a goal to walk and be crawling but she is loving the independance in it. She will be going into Kindergarten this fall in a typical class and riding the busy with about 10 other little peeps. I fear that I will follow it the first week blubbering like a baby the whole time. Poor kid! Separation Anxiety Disorder for the mom, but she still seems like my teeny tiny baby. Although she is a hilariously, spunky big girl now. She did a swim lesson this summer and LOVED it. We are enrolled in an assisted dance program this fall and on the waiting list for horse therapy. Should be fun and busy.

Neely is now 4 months old and is HUGE! She is a real little chunkster and rocking at being a little sister. She coo's constantly and has started to spit/gargle while eating her cereal. She is a very happy and easy baby. A real great sleeper and eater ( I kid you not, I prayed for both these qualities while pregnant after my Jacey experience!). hehe I enrolled her and I in a new moms group and a rhymes and storytimes library group in the am while Jacey is at school so that we can bond and do some of those fun things. Hopefully a swimming class this fall will happen too.

That is about it, all that is happening at our house. Hope that all is well with everyone else and PLEASE PLEASE post something, I miss your faces. The reunion was awesome and great to visit with who could make it. Hopefully next years 3 day'er will rock too! Can't wait. Love you all, The Bird Crew








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to see some activity on the blog. The pictures are wonderful. Thanks, Alyson.

Please, please, everyone - let us know what and how you are doing.

Love,
Gramma & Grampa

polischuk said...

Love this post sis! So nice to see some pics of your family that I haven't see before. Hugs

The Hudkins Family said...

So-o-o-o cute!
an un prejudiced gramma