Tuesday, September 24, 2013

CROCK POT POTATO SOUP

So, since I have had to work full time this whole month, it has forced me to get creative with menu planning.  I found a recipe for potato soup in a crock pot on Pinterest that we tried today and it turned out just loverly!  Below is my version:

1 bag frozen hash browns
1/2 large onion diced
1 box chicken stock
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 tsp garlic pepper
3-4 florets cauliflouer broken into teeny/tiny pieces

Combine in crock pot and cook on low setting for 5 hours.  Half an hour before serving, add one container of cream cheese and one package of bacon bits. 

This was a very thick, filling meal and perfect for a crisp fall day when you just feel the need for homemade soup but aren't home to make soup.  The cauliflouer and bacon bits are my personal addition for the males in my house.   We just had toast with it.   The leftovers are so thick, I think I will have to dilute them a bit!

Enjoy,
Auntie Charlene

(maybe Auntie Roxanne will share some of her favorite Pinterest finds)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious. I love potato soup and will try it. Thanks for sharing.
Love
Gramma

The Stannix's said...

I tried this the other night and it was delish! Thanks for sharing!!