Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fall Chocolate Making Anyone??!!!

Do you all remember these pictures?

Do you want to learn?

Do you want to take some home?

We all know Grandma has skills but did you know that our dear Grandma has mad chocolate making skills?  I was unaware until 2 years ago.  Christmas is fast approaching, the weather outside makes me think we can expect snow anyday, BUT the joy of snow means Christmas is coming.  So I wanted to set a date for chocolate making.  Grandma will direct and those who want to participate will do!  So Saturday November 13th at my house in Fort Saskatchewan.  If you are interested please let me know so I can figure out who and what supplies we'll need.  I'm unsure of the what the cost will be, I frankly don't remember from before. 

So if you are interested and that weekend works please let me know!

Love Jenny

7 comments:

The Stannix's said...

Hey Jenny! I am totally interested this year! Count me in!

The Hudkins Family said...

My shift will be changing so I might be able to make it. I hope Roxanne would like to do this. I remember it was alot of work, but worth it.

I like the chocolate eating part the best!lol

Uncle Brent

Jon and Alyson said...

WAHOO chocolate making!!! I am there and all about being the tasting consultant.

The Hudkins Family said...

We need to remember that the dipping part is only part of the chocolate making. We first need tomake the fondant (centers), then do the dipping and then -- box them. This is more than just a one day project. Lots of work but well worth it and lots of fun getting together. We also need some place to put them - shelving away from animals and kids is the very best.

I'm not putting a damper on this project, I think it's great. I just want you to all be realistic.

Love,
Gramma

The Hudkins Family said...

Auntie Nancy is totally in and can bring her chocolate molds for those who are interested in making turtles or peanut butter cups. If my schedule permits I will come also and watch little people, and I am sure I can help boxing and packaging also. By the way I have outstanding tasting skills and can tell you if you need more or less of something, but it usually takes a few to determine the taste perfectly.

Love you all,
Uncle Troy and Auntie Nancy

The Hudkins Family said...

I was thinking that the out-of-towners should try to bring a batch of fondant as the in-towners are planning a separate day to do that. We can phone Gramma and Grampa for recipe and tips. Should we be coordinating flavours, Jenny?

The Hudkins Family said...

I was thinking that since I have the Bosch mixer, I could make fondant ahead of time and, perhaps, we could all get together to do the flavoring. Fondant is pretty tricky to make (at least the first time) and It is so much easier to do the beating with the Bosch, rather than beating it by hand. It just means that we make smaller batches but that should be no problem.

It would be helpful to know how many people will be coming so that we know how many pounds of sugar and how much cream etc. we need to buy.

Love,
Gramma