Monday, July 28, 2008

The Unexplained

I had something happen to me this morning that is unexplainable. A small miracle, if you will. This is what happened.

Our laundry costs $2.00/load for a 30 minute wash and $2.00 per load for a 60 minute dryer. Recently they issued us cards where we have to prepay and can only get 60 minutes dryer time for $2.00.

This morning I did my first two loads. The third one was a large load of towels. When I went to put it into the dryer I had 36 minutes left so I didn't add $2.00 to it. After the 36 minutes, I went to get my towels but they were quite damp. I noticed that the second dryer had 19 minutes left on it and there were no clothes anywhere in sight. I thought I might as well use up the time. I changed my towels to Dryer #2. After about 25 minutes I went back to get my towels. They were now dry -- but the clincher is that now there was 39 minutes on the dryer!!

My question is: "How can that be if the only way anyone can put time on the dryer is to use the card and it automatically adds 60 minutes to whatever time is already on the machine?"

See - Miracles do happen! I told Grampa it had to be a small miracle. I saved $2.00!!

Love to all,
Gramma - (The one looked after by guardian angels)

1 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

Definitely strange, even if someone DID add 60 minutes to the dryer, after your 25 minutes the math doesn't add up. Anyway the Lord is looking out for those who who take care of his work.

Troy,

Love you all very much and miss everyone.