Monday, April 12, 2010

We've got a mover and a shaker!

My Big Walkin Girl
Kingston "helping" his cousin go for a stroll
Tasting her soother, as always
Yelling at Mommy outside while BBQing
Being a silly little Bird Girl

Well the Bird Girl is now on the move thanks to her handy-dandy pony walker. What is a pony walker you ask? Well it is a special piece of equipment that helps special needs kids move around on their own. We are pretty excited to have gotten one from the Glenrose Hospital for Jacey. She is really enjoying it. Albeit for the first few days I could pretty much count on her to be in the EXACT same position that I left her in whilst running around doing things but now....she rolls backwards! Hehe I know that this sounds funny, moving backwards only but we're pumped over here....at least she moves. She isn't so much doing the one foot at a time movement but a bounce her legs up somewhat and propel herself backwards. She also tips her head waaaaay back to see where she is going...it's pretty hilarious! My kid is a goofball. Anyways I'll leave you with a lil' pic to tide you over. Enjoy the mover and shaker!! Love The Bird Crew

6 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

I love all those little ones, they are so precious. Enjoy every little miracle of progression. and don't ever miss the special moments, all of the firsts are the greatest.

Luv you guy and love the pics,
Uncle Troy

The Hudkins Family said...

Grampa and I are so thrilled for you and for Jacey. Going backwards is always the first step. Eventually she will get her legs mobile one at a time. This is so major. When on the phone with you, I could hear her 'talking' in a most pleased manner. She is feeling some independence and is excited.

Troy is right - enjoy and cherish every new step. You are wonderful parents and doing a great job.

Love you lots,
Gramma & Grampa

The Hudkins Family said...

How exciting you guys! I love spending time with you. Jacey is such a hilarious little girl! I just love her personality. She's growing up soo fast! :)
Love you guys!
Addie (and Mike and Cami)

polischuk said...

Oh Jacey girl how much we all love you, especially Fantie Jenny!!! This is super cool!!!!! I love that she looks so proud in the top picture and I must say I love her curls in the last pic. Loves n Hugs ~the Polischuk's

The Hudkins Family said...

Very cute pictures. sure is nice to keep up to date. Roxanne and I will try harder to do the same.

Uncle Brent

The Hudkins Family said...

Love the pics, Alyson and Jon.

Uncle Brent