Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Grampa's I's

I couldn't see the "Sign-In" tab but knew it was somewhere on the left at the top so I clicked all along the top until I found it. 

Yesterday morning about 9:15 we got a phone call to say that they had a cornea for Grampa.  By 12:15 we were in the hospital.  By 6:30 last evening he was back down in his room with his bionic eye.  It is pretty sensitive to light and scratchy from the stitches but he is doing well.  Nice to have it behind him. 

I know there is a family out there who is mourning the loss of a loved one, who was generous enough to give sight to Grampa by making organ donations.  We think of that family and pray for the Lord's comforting hand to be on them.  I hope they somehow can feel how grateful we are. 

I am also thankful for the technology of cornea transplantations and the wonderful doctors and medical staff who excel in this work. Blessings to them all.

Love,
Gramma

1 comments:

PaHa said...

Sounds so exciting Grampa. It will be nice for you to have this all taken care of. Hope the recovery process is quick and painless.

Love you lots,

Your Youngest Son.