Sunday, August 7, 2011

Guess who?


At the Fire Department's Pancake Breakfast on June 18, I did something that I have wanted to do for quite some time.  Brent and I suited up in full bunker gear and went into the Mobile Training Unit (Fireblast) which is a two story fire simulator.  We went in twice (once with Brent in the lead and the other with me in the lead) and it was AWESOME!  We had to crawl in on our hands and knees, put out the fires and drag out a victim.  It was so very hot and confined.  I had trouble standing up sometimes as the bunker gear is so very heavy.  I thought I might have difficulty being in a confined space but I did alright.  It was a wonderful experience and I have a much greater appreciation for the courageous men and women who risk their lives everyday. 

Love to all,
Roxanne

2 comments:

Jon and Alyson said...

Auntie Rocky, you guys are awesome. Sounds like a great experience! - Love Alyson

The Hudkins Family said...

Good for you for doing this and to give you a better understnding of the people you work with. I'm sure this is an experience you will both always remember.

Love you,
Gramma & Grampa