Monday, July 30, 2012

BIG THANX !!!

Thanx to all who contributed to the hygiene kits, not just with supplies but also organizing and assembling them.  Every step of the process is essential.  Homelessness is a complex issue.  We aren't professionals and we can't solve the addiction problems or the mental illness, but we can make sure that when they come in for a shower, they have new supplies and leave with clean socks!

Because I have been given much, I too must give;
Because of thy great bounty, Lord, each day I live
I shall divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see
Who has the need of help from me.

Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care,
I cannot see another's lack and I not share
 My glowing fire, my loaf of bread, My roof's safe shelter overhead,
That he too may be comforted.

Because I have been blessed by thy great love, dear Lord,
I'll share thy love again, according to thy word.
I shall give love to those in need; I'll show that love by word and deed:
Thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed. 

Hymns #219

Thanx again,
Luv Charlene



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making hygiene kits was a super idea, Charlene. Thanks for organizing. This is my favorite song. I want it sung at my funeral. If I keep going on zip lines, it could be sooner than later.

Love,
Gramma