Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hygiene Kits for the Homeless

After checking with the powers that be a.k.a. Gramma, I'm putting a suggestion out there for one of our activities on Saturday to be a service activity.  I thought that we have enough people in our extended family to put together a dozen or two hygiene kits for the homeless.  Please look through the list below and see what you could donate and don't forget to add it to your packing this week for the reunion!

      soap bars individually wrapped
      deoderant
      toothbrushes
      toothpaste
      shampoo & conditioner
      combs or brushes
      facecloths
      socks

 * I will supply the large zip-loc baggies to assemble them in.  All of the above should be new.  Smaller is better - as in travel size (think hotel samples).  Socks can be for men or women.  Feminine hygiene products are also appreciated.  Disposable razors will be accepted.  Please make sure you buy only stick deoderant and not the gel type as it contains alcohol.  So, check out your bathroom storage and your loonie store.  I may even hit up my dentist.  Heaven knows he owes me a few freebies!

There are two places in Fort McMurray that use these.  If someone knows of another, we will split them up.

Thanx all - we can do this!

Luv from Charlene xo

Please put the word out on facebook!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea, Charlene. I will get a bunch of faceclothes and have them washed up, as well as some other stuff. I am excited to do this. We did it at RS and made something like 800 in way less than an hour.
See you all there!!
Love,
Gramma

The Hudkins Family said...

Got socks - guys and girls!

The Hudkins Family said...

My dentist donated 24 tooth brushes and 36 little tooth pastes!
Charlene