Friday, February 1, 2008

Something from Great Grandma Christena

As I was going through pictures and albums, I came across the following in one of Great Gramma Hudkins' albums. I think I'll keep it and scrapbook it with the rest of her pictures.

Saints and Sinners
When some fellow yields to temptation
And breaks a conventional law,
We look for no good in is makeup,
Oh Lord, how we look for a flaw!

No one asks "Who did the tempting?"
Nor allows for the battles he's fought
His name becomes food for the jackals,
The saints who have never been caught.

I'm a sinner, O Lord, and I know it.
I am weak, and I blunder and fail,
I am tossed on life's stormy ocean
Like a ship that is caught in a gale.

I am willing to trust in thy mercy,
To keep the commandments thou'st taught.
But deliver me, Lord, from the judgement
Of the saints who have never been caught.


How true this is. Let's not any of the Hudkins family be caught being the "JUDG-ER"

Love to you all,
Gramma

PS: I'm having a blast going through all the pictures - but OH WHAT A LOT OF WORK THERE IS AHEAD OF ME.

1 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

That's a pretty good poem mom,

I hate being judged and I hope I am not judging of others.

Love ya and miss you lots,
TROY