Sunday, February 17, 2008

What's Up?

Well Hi all you BLOGGERS - Or should I say BLOG READERS.

From what I hear everyone opens the blog all the time to see if there's anything new but no one puts anything on it except just a few of us!! So I will break the 'blog fast'.

Thanks, Brent, for the pictures. They're great. You are one of the diligent bloggers. Good for you. Now I just have to learn how to copy them to my computer so I can print some of them.

I have finished sorting all my pictures into 10 year spans. Execpt for the first bunch were a 40 year span. I actually downsized 3 xerox paper boxes. Good huh? You should all be grateful that I've done this much and you won't be stuck with that job.

Just now Grampa is going through Great Gramma's pictures 1900-1940 and writing on the back who the people are. You should see the difference. I have about 15 pictures from MY family and a great big pile from Grampa's side. There are lots of him when he was little. He was a little cutie! It's really fun to look at them. Next comes the batch from 1940-1950. They are quite fun too!!

I've been asked to post the recipe for the potatoes we served at Alyson & Jon's wedding reception so here goes. I love them. The jury is still out in the other half of our household. He'll eat them but they are not his favorite.

HASH BROWN POTATOES
aka: Southern Alberta Funeral Potatoes

1kg.bag Hash Browns
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Milk (I use more because I like a them moist)
2 cups Sour Cream (generous cups)
Salt, Pepper & onions (to taste) I also used Lawry's & garlic powder
1 to 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Corn Flakes

Heat soup, milk, sour cream & spices. Mix with potatoes & grated cheese. Pour into greased pan. Sprinkle with crushed corn flakes that were mixed with a little butter.
Bake at 350 for about 45 min. or until bubbles well.
Serves 10 - 12 depending on appetites.

Experiment - they're good.

So there you have it. Enjoy!

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Love,
Mom/Gramma

1 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

I totaly agree Mom. I've been patiently waiting for Charlene and Garth to post something and get more disapointed each day when I don't see anything from them. I would really like to see some pictures of there families. I was sure happy to see Addies pic of her and her Beau. Thanks for that Addie! I sure would like to see more pics of Troy & Nancy's house.
Also thanks for doing all the work on the pictures, it sure is alot of work and I really apreciate the effort you and Dad are putting into it. I think preserving memories and recording our past in any way possible is very important.(too bad we, I mean, "I" don't take the time to write a journal). It's easier to take pictures. The next time I come for a visit, I'll take you through the downloading from an e-mail. (the pics on the blog are low resolution, so they turn out grainy).

Love always,
Brent