Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Update from the Fort.

Brandons crew Barbie and David are standing next to Brandon. Seated, left to right are Jakeem, Marcus, Andre and Tyeisha. (I hope I spelled their names right). (Below) It was very hot on sunday, so we cooled off in the pool.

(left) Aaron and I took Brandons boys on a hike by the Buffaloe statues (lots of mosquitos, NO SPRAY, lots of complaints). But they did have a good time at the dragline across the highway from Syncrude. (below) A walk around Borealis and the Snye was fun.


Well its been a long time since we've been on, so I'll give a little update. Roxanne and I have been working with only a couple days off here and there. I've had to work alot of OT so far this year and during the shutdown in June it put me over 400 hours of OT, but I managed to get time off for Mike and Addies wedding (I think you saw me taking the pics for them). Anyhow, we've had some visitors also. Mom and Dad were up a couple of weeks after the wedding. Two weeks ago Brandon brought his girlfriend and her kids up for the weekend. We had a very good visit and we are happy to get to know Barbie and her kids better. We will be heading to the Shuswap soon. We have rented a houseboat for a week and we're really looking forward to the time off. Aaron and Chelsey have bought a house in Red Deer and will be moving into it in the beginning of October. I picked up Brooke on the way back from Edmonton on saturday. She'll be coming with us on the houseboat as will Aaron, Chelsey, Jordan, Kristina, Austin and Keisha. There wasn't enough room for Brandons crew (we had to book it last year and it cost too much to upgrade to fit everyone).


Here are some Pics from this summer ..... so far. (if I was better at blogging I'd be able to move the pics around and get the comments next to the right pics). but I think you'll get the jest of it.

2 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

This is a nice looking family.

Thanks for posting pictures and giving us an update.

Now, Brandon - write us a blog. If I can do it, so can you.

Love to all,
Gramma

The Hudkins Family said...

Nice to have someone moving into the Red Deer area!!! Hello to Barbie and her crew! Who is the big kid in the pool?

Love from the rockies.