Monday, December 7, 2009

Holiday Wreath Cookies

I was looking in my "Grandma's Touch" cookbook and came across this recipe. I thought it was such a neat and easy recipe and would look really pretty on a tray of goodies to take to a neighbor or visiting teacher.

HOLIDAY WREATH COOKIES
30 marshmallows
1/2 cup butter (or hard margarine)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. green food coloring
3 1/2 cups cornflakes
1/2 cup small red cinnamon candies

* Line 2 large cookie sheets with wax paper
* Melt butter, marshmallows, Vanilla & food coloring. Stir until marshmallows are melted. (If doing on stove top, do it on low heat or in top of double boiler so it doesn't burn)
* Remove from heat and stir in cornflakes
* Drop rounded, greased spoonfuls of mixture onto wax apper. Shape into wreaths & decorate with red candies.
* Store between layers of wax paper

I haven't tried them yet. I will do that this afternoon.

Have fun with this recipe. Be careful with the food coloring because it can get on everything.

Love,
Gramma

2 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

OK, so I was too quick in sharing this recipe. I made it and found that I would change a few things.

It is wierd tasting green vanilla favouring.

Next time I will use Rice Krispies instead of corn flakes. I would also stir the cinnamon hearts right into the mixture at the end. It is too difficult to make them stick on top of the wreath.

Otherwise, they look kind of cute. I don't know how well they'll stay together. I guess we'll see.

Gramma

Alison said...

Thanks for the recipe. I was looking for something simple that isn't too time consuming since I've got 4 little ones! I think I will try it with Rice Krispies like you suggested!