Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fishing trip Fort McMurray

Emma and I recently took a trip up to Fort McMurray to visit with Uncle Brent and Auntie Rocky. What great hosts they were, Emma and I had a great time! Emma was able to catch her first fish ever with Uncle Brent showing her the ropes. Uncle Brent has become very good at teaching first time fisherman how and where to find the BIG ONES!!


This is Brent with his big catch of the day a big beautiful walleye!
Love his Air Boat! It's sure fun to drive!
 
This was Emma's big catch of the day, an 11pound Northern Pike!
 
This is what the Pike looked like when it was hungry 
 
 
There is a story behind this lure. This is my favourite hook for catching Walleye. I used to use it all the time when I was growing up. I introduced this lure to Brent last year and since then he uses it to catch his large Walleye.
 
I was fishing with this lure for about an hour with absolutely no luck and decided to change it out for another hook. At the same time Brent decided to use it, funny thing was that on his second cast (same place I was casting for the past hour), he brought in the largest walleye of the season.
 
It was great to spend time with Brent and Roxanne.
Love you all, Garth
 

4 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

Don't mind eating those if someone else goes out in the dirt and bugs to catch them and if I don't have to actually touch them! (ie-clean them!) needless to say don't eat them much!!!
Charlene xo

Anonymous said...

Sonds to me like you had a great time. I love your hook story. I also think your captain with the big fish is pretty handsome. Looks like his dad!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Love,
Gramma

The Hudkins Family said...

Hey Garth, why did you show the small one that I caught. O-o-oh, I know, you didn't want anyone to know I can out fish you now. LOL

Garth said...

Ha,ha! it only took you 40 years to learn how to out fish me!