Sunday, April 24, 2011

Las Vegas Pics

My handsome husband at Lake Mead

A HUGE Aloe Vera plant on the temple grounds

 beautiful temple grounds


The Hoover Dam bridge...love the hat!

Looking straight down from the Hoover Dam bridge, and
yes, Brent took the picture.  I didn't step foot on this bridge!

This is a picture of a picture of snow on the roof of the Las Vegas Temple.  It snowed
there a couple years ago and someone captured this. You can see the
Las Vegas Strip in the background.


We met Miriam at the temple.  She invited us to her home to use her
washroom and to show us a picture.  She noticed Brent's
camera and said she wanted to show us a picturre of snow in Vegas.  She graciously
invited us to her home where we met her husband, Miguel, and their three sons:
Abraham, Jacob and Edwin.  They are super friendly and we had such a nice
time with them.  I told her it was good of her to invite strangers to her
 home; she said anyone that goes to the temple is not a stranger to her.


Las Vegas Temple

how beautiful and serene...

Hoover Dam bridge


Brent and I had a great time on this trip.  We met some wonderful
people and saw some beautiful places.

Hope you enjoy the pics! 

Love to all,
Roxanne






4 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

Really nice pictures, Roxanne. Lake Meade looks beautiful. The guy looks pretty good too. It must be in the jeans (oops, genes). I love your story of the lady at the temple. It is so true, you feel an instant kinship.

I've heard lots about the Las Vegas temple. One day I hope to attend there. Thanks for sharing.

Love,
Gramma & Grampa

Garth said...

I loved the Las Vegas Temple. When we were there in November with Arland and Emma we were all impressed with how beautiful the temple and the grounds were.

It sure is a treat looking at the sunny pictures that you took, especially after dealing with such a poor spring here.

Love ya all
Garth

The Hudkins Family said...

Hey guys-I've been to the Las Vegas Temple as well! We should have planned a Family Reunion:)
Thanx for the pic's Roxanne even tho I already heard the bathroom story.ha-ha!
Charlene

Jon and Alyson said...

Very cool Auntie! The Temple is so special. When Jon and I were in Amsterdam, we traveled and found the Den Haag Temple and I totally cried when a temple Gramma came up and hugged me. It made me miss my Gramma. People are not strangers if you are at the temple! - Alyson