Monday, April 11, 2011

Using Down Time

I know this is not near as exciting as cruisin', fun baby pictures or exciting careers but this past week while I had the flu I watched conference on the net.  Here are a few "conference-isms" I jotted down.

*  Families are like a rope, many strands woven together make the rope strong.
*  A testimony is like a living organism if tended to, it will grow.
*  Everyone has worth because we are all children of God.
*  Desires shape our priorities, priorities shape our choices, choices shape our actions, actions shape our faith.
*  The scriptures often use the word 'seek' in place of the word 'desire'.
*  (regarding marriage)  Choose your love - Love your choice!

I wrote down lots more, but I was pretty sick and can't read my scribble.

I enjoyed watching conference on the internet and was able to watch all FIVE sessions.

Love you all very much.  Each one of you is a strand that adds strength to our family rope.

Love forever,
Gramma

3 comments:

The Stannix's said...

Those are awesome Gramma! Thanks for sharing!

Arland said...

Thanks for sharing that Gramma! I really enjoyed all sessions of conference and can't wait to read it all again in the Ensign next month!

Jon and Alyson said...

Great comments. I find I am constantly writing random notes from church talks and or visiting teaching lessons. I find my favs and half the time, they are disjointed but important. Thanks for sharing!!- Love, Alyson