Sunday, May 3, 2009

Gramma Again

Hi everyone,
Aren't you proud of me? I haven't been on the blog for a while.

This past Friday evening and Saturday Charlene, Jenny, Alyson, Leslie, Sylvia & I attended Time Out for Women. We were privileged to hear lots of good speakers, among them Sheri Dew and Wendy Watson Nelson. The theme of the conference was based on Hebrews 10:22 "Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith..."

Some highlights that stood out for me were: (these are only a few. There were lots)

* In praying ask: "Teach me to learn the language of the Holy Spirit".
* After conference, sacrament meeting, Sunday School, etc. etc. ask yourself these three questions: What did I hear? What did I learn? What will I do about it?
* Name one thing that you KNOW FOR SURE right now - right this minute.

These are only just three things. I'm sure some of the others can add much more.

For me - the one thing I know for sure is that we are all children of our Heavenly Father and that we are never alone. We can always turn to Him for guidance through prayer and the scriptures.

I also know for sure that I love my family more than words can express.

I know for sure that this is getting long and that I should sign off now.

Love to you all,
Gramma

PS: Our two expectant moms only have just over a month to go. It would be fun to see more belly pictures. --

I would also like to see more great grandchildren pictures on the blog. That includes ALL THREE Hudkins boys children, Cartwright & Bird!!!

1 comments:

Jon and Alyson said...

Oh man Gramma, calling out all the slackers!! We will post for sure now as we have some more info for everyone..and some cute pics!! - Alyson