Friday, April 4, 2008

Whip Cream Lemon Cake

I know this is probably dorky, but I thought I'd share a recipe with you. Last Saturday we had all the Employment Center staff over and the manager's new wife (oops - she's not new. They've been married 52 years). The NEW manager's wife brought dessert. It was light, tasty, inexpensive and fed a lot of people. I thought I'd share it with you. I'm going to make it for our Empty Nesters group next time I have to take dessert.

WHIP CREAM LEMON CAKE

1 Plain white cake 9 x 13
1 Pkg (small) lime jello
1 pint whipping cream
1 pkg lemon instant pudding
1 1/2 cup milk (to make pudding)
3/4 cup boiling water (for jello)
1/2 cup cold water (for jello)

Have a cooled plain white cake ready.
Dissolve jello in 3/4 cup boiling water and add 1/2 cup cold water.
Poke deep holes in cake (lots)
Pour jello over cake. Refrigerate.

Topping
Make the instant pudding. Whip the whipping cream and mix together with pudding. Then spread this mixture over cake and refrigerate. Mmmmm - good but very light.
Great for a pot luck.

Love,
Gramma

0 comments: