Wednesday, June 3, 2009

TBA's room

Here are a few pictures of our little lady's nursery!! We can hardly wait, one week left! Graham and I were talking yesterday about how it was our last Tuesday without her and then she will be with us F-O-R-E-V-E-R!! ( I always think of the movie The Sandlot when the boy says 'forever' in slowmotion) We are so excited to be a family of three!!

Graham painted an old wooden ladder we had, thus using it now to display quilts (frankly I thought it was unsafe to use so we recycled it). I fell in love with the pom pom puffs and had to find a place for them in the nursery!!!

The placement of goodies are still in progress, I found the dolls and bunny at an estate sale. I think they are eclectic, however, most of my family find them creepy!
This piece of art says: I wish Happiness for you!. A little present that we found in San Fransisco

This mural Graham's sister Jen painted. I cried when I saw the bedding and Alyson told me to just buy it then!

Jen worked alot of hours on this Cherry Blossom tree. I think it completes the room perfectly.









3 comments:

The Hudkins Family said...

This looks great you guys! Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures of TBA!
Love,
Addie&Mike

The Hudkins Family said...

I love the work you have done for your TBA. We are all excited for her to be here and become part of the family. As well as Addie's TBA. So girls we don't get to watch you grow and Both TBA's are on there way so quickly. Auntie Nancy would love one more picture of the TBAs in the bellies. Love Ya All. We are excited for all the TBAs to come. Great job on the nursery guys.

The Hudkins Family said...

The nursery is lovely, Jenny. You certainly are the Martha Stewart of the Hudkins clan!! The cherry blossom tree is amazing. Jen did a super job. I can almost see that little girl trying to climb up those branches.

When your mom was born, we were just happy to have a very little corner to stick a very small (really tiny) blue crib that belonged to Great-Gramma Hudkins beside our bed. We also didn't have to wait 7 years for her. We had not even heard of such a thing as a change table (but then that was 50 years ago tomorrow - right!!!)

(Happy birthday, Charlene! It's nifty to be fifty...)

Thanks for posting these pictures, Jen. Now -- will you post another one in about 3 months down the road?

Love to everyone,
Gramma